Partnership with the UNEP's Sustainable Building and Construction Initiative (SBCI)
1. Project title: Partnership with the UNEP's Sustainable Building and Construction Initiative (SBCI)
2. Type of project: Group project
3. Number of participants: UNEP Staff members for the moment
4. Scope of the project: Global
5. Period: Launched in 2007 during the Workshop on 1st April (Rabat - Morocco)
6. Specific Goals:
- To promote synergies and convergence with other global UN programs which are addressing the private sector on housing
- To develop guidance for the sector on how to address sustainability issues
7. Outputs until now:
- 60 persons received training on life Cycle Management for the specific sectors
- Two to 3 - hours training available
- Outline of a UNEP Guidance document on Why Take a Life Cycle Approach in the Building Sector and 1 chapter on Life Cycle tools drafted
- Chapter on Life Cycle tools reviewed
- Participation in the Think Tank on Benchmarking of the SBCI on 3rd December in Madrid
- Feedback received on the drafted outline of a "UNEP Guidance document on Why Take a Life Cycle Approach in the Building Sector"
8. Progress done so far: 20%
The Secretariat of the UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative
Publicly available documents
Not available now.
How can interested persons get involved in this project?