Carbon Footprinting - GHG Protocol Scope 3 in cooperation with WRI/WBCSD
1. Project title and No: Carbon Footprinting - GHG protocol Scope 3 in Cooperation with WRI/WBCSD ( World Resource Institute/ World Concil for Sustainable Development).
2. Type of project: Group project
3. Number of participants: 9 members from the TU Berlin, Five Winds, Pre, PE International, FEFCO, ESU - Services Ltd, SETAC LCA steering Committee, ESCI, Veolia, Int. Journal of LCA and UNEP.
4. Scope of the project: Global
5. Period: Ongoing from 2008 on
6. Specific Goals ( Click here to see more details on the project description).
- UNEP/SETAC to ensure that the Life Cycle Approach recommended in the International Guidance document of GHG Protocol Scope 3 by WBCSD and GRI is in line with common science and practice
- Project group on GHG Protocol Scope 3 set up to support the international activity led by WBCSD/GRI on the development of international documents (see the summary below)
- Drafts of the various Technical Working Groups commented by representatives of the UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative
- Meeting with WRI/WBCSD on the drafts produced in order to ensure that input of the project group is understood and, where possible, considered and in order to confirm our support to the process regarding the next steps on the road testing
- Process developed to expand the mandate to work also on the ISO 14067 standards trhough the SETAC liaison.
8. Progress done so far: 80%
9. Next Meeting: Face - to - Face meeting in Seville, on 25th May 2010
Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
Department of Environmental Technology
Chair of Sustainable Engineering
How can interested persons get involved in this project?
Please contact: email@example.com
Publicly available documents