Capacity Building of the African Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production (ARSCP) in the use of LCA for Sustainable Consumption in Africa
1. Name of project: Capacity Building of the African Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production(ARSCP) in the use of LCA for Sustainable Consumption in Africa
2. Type of project: Co-governed project between the UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative and ARSCP.
3. Number of participants: 7
4. Scope of the project: Africa. Cooperation will be established with the active researchers at the Universities of Cape Town and Mauritius and the Life Cycle Initiative team on Capability Development. The links with ALCANET and ARSCP already gives the project a regional perspective
5. Period: Four Years (2007 to 2010).
6. Specific Goals
- Increase Awareness and Train ARSCP members in the application of LCA in Sustainable Consumption in Africa
- Identify priority consumption clusters in Africa through LCA studies
7. Progress done: 100%
8. Outputs until now:
- Increased awareness and trained ARSCP members
- Guidance manual
- Identification of priority consumption clusters and devise of appropriate policies
9. Name of the project leader(s) and leading organization(s):
Dr Harro Von Blottnitz, University of Cape Town
Dr Charles Mbohwa, University of Zimbabwe
Dr Toolseeram Ramjeawon, University of Mauritius
Steering Committee of ALCANET/ARSCP
How can participants get involved in The African Life Cycle Network (ALCANET)?
Please contact Harro.email@example.com