Life Cycle Inventories of the Latin-American Electricity Production Systems
1. Project title: Life Cycle Inventories of the Latin-American Electricity Production Systems
2. Type of project: Group project
3. Number of participants: 14
4. Scope of the project: Latin American Region
5. Period: 1 year starting in 2009
6. Specific Goals
- Development of protocols / common rules (i.e. kind of Latin-American “LCI Quality Guidelines”) for the development of sound LCI data towards national LCI databases in the involved Latin American countries
- Develop LCI datasets of electricity production in Latin America. The electricity production systems considered in this project are: (a) Thermo electric from fossil fuels, (b) Hydro electric, (c) Nuclear (only in the case of Mexico, Brazil and Argentina) and (d) from other renewable (e.g. biomass, solar, eolic)
7. Progress done: 30%
8. Outputs until now:
9. Name of the leading organization(s)
- Drafted LCI dataset quality guideline documentation, for the Latino-American energy production sector.
Chilean Research Center for Mining and Metallurgy (CIMM), University of Concepción, Chile; National Technological University, Mendoza, Argentina; Technological University of Parana and University of Sao Paulo, Brazil; Catholic University of Perú, Mexican Center of LCA and Sustainable Development; and Center for Cleaner Production (CINPE), Ecoglobal and ALCALA from Costa Rica.
How can interested persons get involved in this project?
Please submit a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Publicly available documents
Not for now.