Social Life Cycle Assessment
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is a methodology to evaluate the environmental impacts of a product or service through all stages of its life cycle.
More recently, aiming sustainability, the discussion on how to include social and economic impacts in this methodology began.
This Members of the project on Social Life Cycle Assessment are part of the Work Area on Life Cycle Approaches for Methodlogies.
Project Group members have prepared a feasibility study. More information on the work and deliverables planned are found below.
1. Project title: Social LCA
2. Type of project: Project group
3. Number of participants: 37
4. Scope of the project: Global
5. Period: 6 years (April 2004 to Dec 2009)
Goal 1: Provide the Life Cycle Community with a list of indicators for a social LCA.
Goal 2: Disseminate the practicalities on how to develop a social LCA.
Goal 3: Provide the Life Cycle Community with results of case studies of a social LCA.
Goal 4: Extend the methodology to an triple bottom line tool.
9. Past Activities
10. Name of project leaders and of leading organizations
- 1st Meeting: Prag, April, 2004
- 2nd Meeting: Bologna, Italy, 12 January, 2005
- 3rd Meeting: Brussels, Belgium, November, 2005
- 4th Meeting: Lausanne, Switzerland, 16 - 17 June, 2006
- 5th Meeting: Paris, France, 9 - 10 October, 2006
- 6th Meeting: Sevilla, Spain, 5 March, 2007
- 7th Meeting: Zurich, Switzerland, 30 - 31 August 2007, back-to-back with the LCM 2007 Conference
- 8th Meeting: Montreal, Canada, 24-25 October 2007, back-to-back with the CYCLE 2007 Conference
- 9th Meeting: Paris, France, 25 - 26 February 2008
- 10th Meeting: Freiburg, Germany, 2- 5 June 2008
- 11th Meeting: Vienna, Austria, 25 - 26 September 2008
- Bernard Mazjin (Ghent University)
- Bo Weidema (2.0 LCA Consultants)
- Andree-Lise Methot (Fond d’Investissement en Développement Durable)